To provide end-user support for the Board’s IT application systems and Infrastructure. Including installation, maintenance, and troubleshooting, for the purpose of achieving corporate goals. The incumbent shall also be in charge of the service desk ensuring all user queries are resolved in accordance with the service level agreement.
The Officer holder will be reporting to Assistant ICT Manager, Service Delivery
- Serve as the first point of contact for customers seeking technical assistance over the phone or email
- Perform remote troubleshooting through diagnostic techniques and pertinent questions
- Determine the best solution based on the issue and details provided by customers
- Walk the customer through the problem-solving process
- Direct unresolved issues to the next level of support personnel
- Provide accurate information on IT products or services
- Record events and problems and their resolution in logs
- Follow-up and update customer status and information
- Pass on any feedback or suggestions by customers to the appropriate internal team
- Identify and suggest possible improvements on procedures
JOB REQUIREMENTS AND EXPERIENCE
- Grade Twelve (12) Certificate with five (5) credits or better which should include English and Mathematics.
- Bachelor’s Degree in Computer Science/IT or equivalent.
- At least 2 years’ experience with inclination to user support
- Must be a member of ICTAZ
OTHER SKILLS REQUIRED
- Proven experience as a help desk technician or other customer support role
- Tech savvy with working knowledge of office automation products, databases and remote control
- Good understanding of computer systems, mobile devices and other tech products
- Ability to diagnose and resolve basic technical issues
- Proficiency in English
- Excellent communication skills
- Customer-oriented and cool-tempered
How to Apply
Applications with detailed Curriculum Vitae with traceable referees, certified copies of all relevant academic and Professional certificates, copy of National Registration Card (NRC) or Passport to support the application with contact details indicating daytime telephone/mobile numbers should be submitted to the following address or visit Workers’ Compensation Fund Control Board job portal not later than 26th August 2022.
Manager - Human Resources and Administration
Workers’ Compensation Fund Control Board
Corner Broadway/Moffat Road
P.O. Box 71534
Please note that you DO NOT need to apply if you do not meet the minimum job requirements as set out in the advert and note also that only successful candidates will be contacted.